Monday, October 18, 2010

Kind of a neat idea


So I saw this thing first on Alyson's blog, and it turns out she got it from Grace of these two blogs. Both of these ladies focus on looking amazingly cute while not spending very much (or in Alyson's case, nothing at all for a year!) in the process. The gist is that every week, you answer five questions. The first four are always the same, and are about how well you did at handling money in the past week. The last is just whatever Grace feels like putting up!

It's not quite what the original purpose of this blog was, but I feel like it's definitely health-related in that "healthy" finances are almost as important and useful as a healthy body. So I'm gonna do it this week, and hopefully remember to do it in weeks following as well!

This week's questions (original post here)
  1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on gas. That's pretty normal. I drive 60 miles a day just to and from work, so even with my best attempts at hypermiling, that's normally my biggest spending category for the month. $44.76 at the last fill-up.
  2. Today I feel pretty ok towards money. I'm still working on building up my emergency fund, picking a new main bank (as SunTrust's interest rates are just way too low) and tweaking my budget in general. But I haven't splurged on anything for a while, and my accounts are getting back up to where they were before my last big expense, which was vacation.
  3. Money can't buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was hanging out with high school friends, reminiscing about old memories and creating happy new ones :)
  4. I will consider this week a success if I get to Crossfit at least four times! It'll be tight because I have an extra evening at work, but I think I can hack it, even if I have to go in the morning.
  5. My favorite cereal is...I actually don't eat cereal anymore! My "breakfast" is usually coffee with whole milk and a crossword first thing in the morning, then some almonds and fruit at about 1 or 2 in the afternoon. But when I did eat cereal, it was Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds. No contest.
Have a good Monday, everyone!

-N

No comments:

Post a Comment