Tuesday, October 19, 2010

In which I injure myself yet again


Yes. Again. I blame it on the massive gut cramps I got after only the warm-up and first sprint of the workout last night (which I couldn't finish because of this, bee tee dubs). It really kind of sucks.

This is what I was supposed to do:

5 rounds for time of
  • 200m sprint
  • 20 wall-balls (15lb ball)
  • 10 plank pose, knee to chest and then twist torso (all one move, alternating sides)
  • 20 KB swings (30lb)
  • 10 lateral hops over two cones (that is, two hops to the left, two hops to the right, etc)
I got through about 3 rounds before I had to take a break in the back, at which point I rolled the ankle. This was a really interesting WOD, though - I definitely want to redo it when I'm back to running again!


Today I wrapped it up and got some new, much flatter shoes - conventional running shoes have that enormous built-up heel that turns what would be just a simple trip into a nasty injury, so I'm trying out something different - and went back to Crossfit. It was a MUCH better go-round - here's what we did:
  • 40ish minutes of clean and jerk practice: we started with a 33lb bar and moved up to 73 lbs by the 15th and final rep
  • WOD: 5 rounds for time of 9 thrusters (63 lbs on the first 3, 53 on the last 2), 15 knees-to-elbows on the pull-up bar.
I finished in 16:40, which was dead last and would be pretty a
bysmal if I hadn't spent nearly 5 minutes switching the weights on the bar. This one KILLED my grip and I ended up ripping my callouses yet again. I'm really loving all the pu
ll-up bar work, though. Hoping to get up to unaided pull-ups within 6 months and muscle-ups (link is to youtube) within a year!

In other news, here is what October (almost November) in lovely North Carolina looks like:


Ok, time to get to bed so I can do it all over again tomorrow :D

-N

2 comments:

  1. Ugh I am SOOO sorry to hear that! Injuries suck. I hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joanne! Thankfully all my current ones are minor enough to work through...still not the funnest though ;P

    ReplyDelete