I also had a couple fitness/weight related successes this week. First, I measured my waist for the first time in years. In high school, I was about 29-30 inches; in college, that jumped to 32 or so before I didn't want to see it keep growing anymore. A week ago (before starting Whole30) I measured at 28 inches. YES, Tony, WITHOUT "sucking it in!" :P I also managed, just yesterday, to do TWO completely unaided pull-ups (still kipping, though). I AM SUPERGIRL!
This week's questions (original post
- The most I’ve spent this last week was on the Whole30 Success Guide, $39. It was a total impulse splurge, and while it's got a lot of good information on the little finicky parts of implementing Whole9 (detailed shopping lists, for one), I probably would not have paid that much for it if I'd gotten to flip through it first. Maybe $15 or $20, keeping in mind that I'm normally pretty cheap. But it's still quite useful.
- Today I feel FREAKING AWESOME towards money. Why is that, you ask? Because I got a major, totally unexpected windfall in the form of a LOT of savings bonds that my grandparents got for me over the years and my mom just told me about. How much is a lot? Well, with all of those plus my latest paycheck and some Christmas money, I just about doubled my net worth. It'll be into 5 figures by April, and that's thinking conservatively and taking into account my tax refund. I've decided to use most of this to open an IRA (Roth, natch), drop a nice chunk on my student loan and then go shopping with my sister, who's promised to give me comprehensive wardrobe help. Yay!
- Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was TWO UNAIDED PULL-UPS IN A ROW!!! That kept me grinning...well, I'm still grinning now :D.
- I will consider this week a success if I do THREE unaided pull-ups in a row.
- One of my goals for the year ahead is to do 20 unaided dead-hang pull-ups in a row (no kipping!).