Happy Monday, you guys! The house in the picture is an absolutely breathtaking hand-built creation of Simon Dale and Jasmine Saville, detailed in this site right here. I want it. Ok, maybe with an indoor toilet and a few more delineated rooms inside. But still. There is serious home-envy going on.
This week's questions (original post here):
- The most I’ve spent this last week was on groceries. Meat is expensive! But it also takes less to satisfy me, and I think I'm getting closer to the perfect steak with which to show The Man how much I lurve him. I know he likes it medium-rare. I'm not exactly sure what that is but I know it's somewhere between bloody and rubber. Also, I hardly ever cook it to the rubber stage anymore, go me!
- Today I feel just okay towards money. I'm still waiting to get my last paycheck from the old restaurant owner (yes, that's fron November). I call every few days and leave a message but no dice yet. One of my employees actually had to get her father to call him and threaten legal action to get her money, and it was a lot less than what I'm trying to squeeze out of him. Arg, I say. Also, I researched IRAs and it turns out that the one I'd like best to get requires a minimum balance of $10,000, which I can definitely not spare right now. Meh. I think I'll decide to just get the highest-interest savings account I can right now, and keep on building it up.
- Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was get told by both my sisters that I was "wise" and gave good advice. I win at sisterhood! :D
- I will consider this week a success if I plan ahead far enough in advance that I don't have to run over to the grocery store to buy lunch for work days.
- I have pictures of myself as an adorable toddler eating snow directly off the ground.