Monday, March 15, 2010

15Mar10

Breakfast: ~11 am
  • 1.5 c brussel sprouts with honey mustard sauce (don't laugh! thems is delish! yes, even for breakfast)
  • 1 little strawberry yoghurt
  • 1.5 oz swiss or something
  • 2 c water with ACV
Notes: A fairly lazyish day. I ended up being on the road for something like 11 hours yesterday and was pretty bushed, so today was doing laundry and other cleaning, catching up on homework from last week and chillaxing.

Lunch (as it were): 4:30pm
  • 2 pieces of Wasabread with about 2-3 T of PB
  • 1/2 Granny Smith apple, sliced up (only a few slices are shown but there were a good handful more)
  • 9 almonds
  • 2 c coffee with skim milk
Notes: Bleargh. How the hell do people drink skim milk in coffee? Or at all, for that matter. Maybe I'm spoiled or delusional or both, but it just doesn't taste right.

I wasn't really hungry when I ate this, but felt like it was time to have something. It always seems like my internal food clock gets off-kilter when I visit T. Maybe because they eat on a bit more of a cavalier basis than I usually do. But omgs I had such a no-coffee headache today...arg, I hate addictions.

Dinner: 5:45pm

  • 2 pieces of Wasabread
  • 1 packet of tuna mixed with tahini, a couple drops of toasted sesame oil and lime juice and sprinkled with cayenne
  • 1 little raspberry yoghurt
  • 1 c water
Notes: Realised that it was getting close to Crossfit and it would have been too long since I'd eaten anything, so decided to err in the opposite direction. But...DUDES. (et al) The next time you make tuna salad, make it with tahini. Holy fuck this was delicious.

Crossfit
  • 800m run (with a 200m sprint in the middle) as a warmup
  • with a 20-lb medicine ball and Martha as a partner, did 20 chest passes, 3 rounds of one person does air squats with the ball and the other holds the squat position, 3 rounds of one person sprints 100m and the other person does wall-ball (with a 12-lb-er for that one)
  • a few minutes of tactical kettlebells with a 30-lb KB (for this and the following)
  • WOD: 10-minute AMRAP of 10 goblet squats (hold the KB under your chin with both hands, elbows down and in) and 20 Russian KB swings.
Notes: I have no many how many rounds I did on the WOD. I either hit some kind of a wall after the week's hiatus or didn't have enough carbs at my dinner or ate it too soon beforehand. But whatever happened, I got all weak and shaky about halfway through the wallball/sprint bit. Dave got me some granola with sugar in it (about 1/2 c, just rolled oats, slivered almonds, Craisins and brown sugar) but I was pretty useless for the rest of the time. Merh.

Second Dinner: 9:00pm

  • 1 salmonburger
  • 1 c broccoli, steamed in a little salted water, forgotten about and unintentionally seared, then tossed in the pan with a little EVOO and white pine vinegar that I made (almost out!)
  • 1 apple
  • 1 c chocolate milk
  • 500mg Vitamin C and 1 capsule Omega 3-6-9
  • 2 c water with 60 drops total of nettle tincture
Notes: I'm experimenting with this tincture stuff. What I like best is to drink the infusion, but that takes 8-10 hours to brew, and sometimes I can't/don't want to wait that long. The effects are similar, from what I'm noticing now - mind is definitely more active, if not as much as after downing 4c of super-strong infusion. I'll have to play around with proportions, and I don't want to switch entirely to this, but it's good to have around.

Also, I really need to make more of that pine vinegar! The last batch was set to steep in early November last year, and although it was delicious and fragrant and all-around lovely, I'm really looking forward to making it with fresh spring needles. I do need to get a better container for storing and using, though - the jars work just fine for the brewing process, but don't quite cut it when you want to sprinkle a few drops on a salad. If one can OD on vinegar, I've totally been there and back a dozen times.

No comments:

Post a Comment