So what else could I do but make myself an omelette!
Monday: Bootcamping it up with Bea leading the class, as Colin's off gallivanting around in NY for the holidays.
- Warm-up: 5 minutes of jumping rope.
- 15 minutes of 8 sit-ups and 8 back extensions (both with an abmat) on the minute, every minute, but I switched to 10 of each after...4 rounds? 5? Somewhere around that.
- 10-9-8...3-2-1 reps of air squats and push-ups.
- No crawling... :(
- Warm-up: double-unders for several minutes. Welt marks ALL over my legs. ow.
- Practiced ring dips for the strength portion of the workout - 75 reps total, scaled however we needed them. I did about 10 unaided and the rest with a box or a giant rubber band.
- The WOD: 2 minutes of each movement for max reps, with 1 minute of rest in-between each station. The movements, in the order I did them: box jumps (20inch box), single-under jump ropes (199 reps), American kettlebell swings (25lb), deadlift (115lbs, 22 reps). I'll fill in how many reps I did for the jumps and KBs when I remember what they were...
|this is a split jerk. source here|
- Strength: Clean and Jerks (using the split jerk), 12 reps total. I made it up to 78 lbs, a personal best! :D
- WOD (as it were): 12 minutes long, 3 power cleans on the minute. I started with 65lbs but moved up to 75 and then 85 within a few rounds, and finished it out with that weight.
Today we're going to be doing the Filthy Fifty. Check it out here and wish me luck!
Lurkers: how do you lift your spirits when it's gross outside?