Monday, January 11, 2010

11Jan10

Breakfast
  • 3 c fresh spinach with ACV, a good drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper
  • 1/4 c reduced-fat feta
  • 1 fried egg
  • 2 c coffee with whole milk as creamer
  • 1/2 leftover shrimp egg roll
Notes: Bad food is so much quicker to eat than healthy. The egg roll was gone in a couple of seconds, but the spinach, which didn't weigh any more, takes forever. Merh.

At Work
  • 1/2 c tabbouleh
  • 1/2 c mozzarella & tomato salad
  • lots of chamomile tea with a little honey and steamed whole milk
Notes: Bleargh. I hate my bosses. I swear, if I took my blood pressure during the busiest rushes of the year with them out of town and on a calm day when they were there, they'd be at least comparable or higher for the latter scenario.

I also hate my uterus, almost as much as my bosses some days.

After Work
  • 1+ c leftover veggie lo mein (I didn't measure it)
  • the rest of the eggroll from the morning
  • 1 small glass milk
  • 1 string cheese
  • 1 mug SF cocoa
Notes: I can't wait until I've got my work schedule so I can plan the eating out better. Then again, we expected to get out around 2:45 and didn't leave until more than an hour later because Boss F needed to show us how to read the (completely illustrated with large, full-color photos) instructions to mix the new sanitizer for 15 minutes. Part of me really wants to be the go-between and save everyone else from her crazy - at least then I'd get to feel good about myself for sparing them that agony.

Crossfit
Yay we finally did running even though it's still cold as balls!
  • Run 400m to warm up (hah!)
  • Some tactical instruction with air squats and dumbbells (push press and push jerk)
  • 3-round partner workout: 10 push-ups as the timekeeper vs 12lb wall-ball
  • AMRAP partner workout for 10 minutes: 200m 25lb sandbag run as the timekeeper vs push jerks with 2 15lb dumbbells
Notes: I REALLY need to spend some extra time on pushups. I was doing pretty well with real, full, body-stiff-nose-to-the-ground ones before winter break, but I've lost most of that. Back to the grindstone! Also, sandbag running is SO MUCH FUN oh my gods! I've kinda figured out how to carry it all on my shoulders and shift it to help propel myself forward, which means I can run faster than anyone else out there with it, even when I'm dead tired at the end of the workout, which is not always the case with unweighted running. Besides, I feel like a fucking super monster beast woman running with it! Makes me want to go camping and hiking and run up a mountain with my pack.

Dinner
  • 1 clementine
  • 1 string cheese
  • 1 mug SF cocoa
  • 1 glass wine
  • I know I had something else, more substantial, but I totally forgot it. Maybe it was eggs.
Notes: I like wine. Combo of that and cocoa makes me all warm and fuzzy and sleepy. Had a great long convo with T while cultivating that say-anything mindset that comes halfway between waking and sleeping, where I think less about how to formulate and organize the words I'm speaking and more about what I'm really saying. Now, if I could only figure out how to translate that to the times when I am fully awake and alert.

-N

No comments:

Post a Comment