Monday, October 25, 2010

Money Monday 25/10

I really like this habit, you guys. Think I'll try to stick with it and see if I can get other people interested, too. Financial stability is sexy!

Grace's original post is here.

This week's questions:

  1. The most I've spent this last week was on my student loan, $150/mo right now. It's still deferred until at least next summer (if I'm not back in school for real by then) but that just means it's the best time to get it down as much as possible. Besides that, the biggest transaction was new exercise shoes...for $65.24. Kind of steep, I know. But my last ones (professionally-fitted super-built-up "real" running shoes) were $130, and those lasted me a good couple years. These are a good brand and I like them, so hopefully they'll serve me just as well, and not lead to so many sprained ankles.
  2. Today I feel kind of nervous towards money. My hours at work just got cut to 25/wk. As I had been getting nearly 40/wk, that's the equivalent of almost an entire week and a half of full-time hours over the month, and over a quarter of my paycheck gone. More on this whole fiasco in another post, perhaps. But for the moment I'm concerned enough to be seriously looking for another position.
  3. Money can't buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was Family Chinese & Movie Night! :D Well...it's free for me! And cheap for amam&co. And fun.
  4. I will consider this week a success if I have at least two good leads for jobs. That's callbacks or interviews.
  5. This year for Halloween I am dressing up as a witch, natch! Anything else would just be silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment